Admission to ASM
Thank you for considering Andover School of Montessori (ASM) for your child! We understand the importance of finding the right fit for your child’s academic and social development. We also understand the relationship between your family and our school is vital to your child’s success at ASM. During the application process we’ll spend time getting to know you and your child through conversation, observation and the materials you submit for consideration.
Step 1: Explore ASM
- If you haven’t already done so, schedule time to explore our unique approach to developing your child’s greatest potential. We are currently offering in-person and virtual tours.
- Take a closer look at the ASM curriculum by program level and subject area
- Hear from parents and ASM Alumni about their ASM experience.
Step 2: Apply Online
ASM utilizes an online application and parent portal. Once an application is submitted, an admission checklist will be available (within 24 hours) for your review. Please note the following:
- There is a $60 non-refundable application fee. Online payments are encouraged. Please have your bank information available.
- If your child is currently enrolled in a daycare or school, the admission checklist includes a request for a student evaluation to be completed by a current teacher. Students applying to grades 6-8 are required to submit additional recommendations.
- If your child is in Elementary or Middle School, we also require official school transcripts and the current report card.
Enrollment begins in September. Students admitted to our Children’s House program are eligible to enroll in our Summer Program beginning in June. As you prepare to submit an application for admission, please consider the following deadlines:
|Admission Application||January 31 (for early consideration)||March 10 (first round); Rolling thereafter|
|Financial Aid Application||February 1||Rolling|
|Enrollment Deposit||Determined at time of acceptance|
Step 3: Student Visit and Parent Interview
Once we have received your application and related forms, we will contact you to schedule a Student Classroom Visit and Parent Interview.
Classroom visits are approximately 45 minutes for Preschool applicants, 60 minutes for Kindergarten applicants and a half or full day for Elementary and Middle School applicants. The student visit an opportunity for your child to spend time in one of our classrooms and allows us to assess your child’s developmental readiness for our environment.
The Parent Interview is approximately 45 minutes and will coincide with your child’s visit. The interview is a conversation that allows us to learn more about your child, your expectations and also provides you with the opportunity to learn more about the ASM experience.